Starting at the village of Braithwaite near Keswick, this walk takes you up a steady climb to the summit of Grisedale Pike (791m high) where weather permitting there are spectacular views across Lakeland. We then descend to the Whinlatter Forest where there is a cafe and visitors centre. A forest walk takes you back to the start of the walk.
- Visitors Centre in Whinlatter Forest.
- Spectacular summit views across the valley to Keswick and Derwent Water.
- Explore the woodland and forest tracks including the evidence of mine workings.
- A moderate walk of approximately 6 1/2 miles (10km) and nearly 746 metres of ascent.
- Some strenuous walking will be involved including steep ascents/descents.
- The walk may be subject to adverse weather conditions.
Who's it for?
- No previous hill walking experience is required.
- Under 18’s are welcome if supervised by an accompanying adult.
Use the links below to check our prices then contact us and we'll do our best to run this event just for you on a date that suits (subject to a minimum group size of course!)