Journey along steep sided valleys, beside ancient earthworks and over wild moorland. Visit the wreckage of an ill-fated American Superfortress which crashed on the moors over 60 years ago.
- Spend time exploring the wreckage or RB-29 Superfortress and hearing some fascinating insights into the history of this aircraft.
- Experience the changing landscape from Torside onto the ‘lunar landscape’ of Bleaklow Head.
- Enjoy the variety of wildlife which calls this apparently inhospitable landscape ‘home’.
- A moderately challenging walk of approximately 15km (530m of ascent) across rough moorland.
- Some strenuous walking will be involved including steep ascents/descents.
- It is likely to be wet underfoot in places and the walk may be subject to adverse weather conditions.
Who's it for?
- No previous hill walking experience is required.
- Under 18’s are welcome if supervised by an accompanying adult.
A shorter version of this walk which just visits the wreck site is available on a variety of summer evenings. Contact us directly for further details
Use the links below to check our prices then contact us and we'll do our best to run this event just for you on a date that suits (subject to a minimum group size of course!)