It never ceases to amaze me that there are so many aircraft that have crashed on the moors of the Peak District. Many walkers will pass within metres of them and not even know they are there. That is why we have added this walk to our programme. To give you the chance to see sometimes surreal, sometimes moving and always fascinating snapshots of history at first hand.
- Get off the beaten track and away from the crowds, visiting three or more wreck sites in a day.
- Enjoy the amazing wildlife as you move deeper into the wild places of the Peak.
- Learn about the history of the aircraft and the crews that came to rest in this remarkable landscape.
- A choice of three walks visiting different areas of the Dark Peak.
- A moderately challenging walk of approximately 16km (730m of ascent) across rough moorland. Some strenuous walking will be involved including steep ascents/descents. It is likely to be wet underfoot in places and the walk may be subject to adverse weather conditions.
Who's it for?
- No previous hill walking experience is required.
- Under 18’s are welcome if supervised by an accompanying adult.
Use the links below to check our prices then contact us and we'll do our best to run this event just for you on a date that suits (subject to a minimum group size of course!)