A beautiful walk of contrasts. We take you on a circular walk steeped in history and folklore. From magnificent dams to wild moorland. This walk is packed with interesting sights, sounds and history.
- Walk alongside the Derwent Reservoir and learn of its part in the infamous Dambusters raid of World War II. Learn to navigate safely away from obvious tracks and paths.
- Get away from the crowds as you climb alongside a secluded valley to the heights of Back Tor and the rock sculptures of Derwent Edge.
- Enjoy this unique place for wildlife. Go quietly and you may see some of the shy and uncommon species such as the sandpiper, goshawk or mountain hare.
- Discover Ladybower reservoir and the story of its sunken villages.
- A moderate day walk of approximately 10 miles, with some steep ascents/descents.
- It is likely to be wet underfoot in places and the walk may be subject to adverse weather conditions.
Who's it for?
- No previous hill walking experience is required.
- Under 18's must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Use the links below to check our prices then contact us and we'll do our best to run this event just for you on a date that suits (subject to a minimum group size of course!)