This guided walk is packed with interesting sights and stories. Whether you are interested in the part that this area played in the defence of Britain during World War II, the wildlife that abounds in among the heather and peat of the moorland or the beautiful views across Derbyshire and South Yorkshire, this walk has something for everyone.
- See the remains of the tank ranges which made this area so important in the build up to D-Day in 1944.
- Get away from the crowds as you climb to the ancient cairn of Pike Low.
- Visit North America farm, on the edge of the moor.
- See how the landscape is being changed to create a habitat for native species of birds.
- A moderate day walk of approximately 8 miles, with some steep ascents/descents.
- It is likely to be wet underfoot in places and the walk may be subject to adverse weather conditions.
Who's it for?
- No previous hill walking experience is required.
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Use the links below to check our prices then contact us and we'll do our best to run this event just for you on a date that suits (subject to a minimum group size of course!)