A delightful, scenic walk on the edge of the Kinder Plateau. Starting in the picturesque village of Edale, our experienced guide will lead you on a walk up onto Kinder Scout and around the edge of Grindsbrook Clough before descending Grindslow Knoll.
- Wind carved rock sculptures along the route.
- Kinder Scout supports several upland breeding birds, notably several species of birds of prey, red grouse, golden plover, twite and waders such as curlew and ring ouzel. Mountain hares are also a common sight.
- Fantastic views into the Edale valley and across to the Great Ridge.
- For the history enthusiast we pass the site of several aircraft wrecks where small amounts of wreckage may still be seen. These can be visited by request.
- A moderately challenging walk of approximately 6 miles in length over rough paths.
- There are steep sections both up and downhill.
- It is likely to be wet underfoot in places and the walk may be subject to adverse weather conditions.
Who's it for?
- No previous hill walking experience is required.
- Under 18’s are welcome if supervised by an accompanying adult.
A shorter version of this walk is available on a variety of summer evenings. Contact us directly for further details
Use the links below to check our prices then contact us and we'll do our best to run this event just for you on a date that suits (subject to a minimum group size of course!)