We have worked with some of the best photographers in the business to put together an exceptional package of indoor workshops and practical outdoor sessions designed specifically with the mountain photographer in mind.
We recognise that the needs of the photographer operating in the mountain environment are quite different to those of the urban photographer, dedicated hill walker or mountaineer.
To the mountain photographer, the weather, time of day and the location have a massive impact upon the quality of their experience and the images they produce. Added to this, the photographer will often find themselves burdened with extra equipment. They may need to walk to remote locations, returning home in fading light having stayed out into the evening to get that perfectly lit landscape image.
These demands call for a higher level of hill awareness from the landscape photographer. It is this awareness that is the focus of our two day workshop. You will spend two days under the guidance of an experienced mountaineer, gaining a unique insight into the skills required to make your days shooting in the hills, safe and rewarding.
Our aim is to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need, to go safely into the mountains, where you can use your skill to capture some superb landscape images.
This is a practical workshop that will involve two days walking in mountainous terrain. Delegates will need to be reasonably fit and able to walk on rough, steep ground.
We will look at the essential parts of planning a day in the mountains.
- Weather – A vital ingredient of a successful mountain day. More so, for a successful photography day in the mountains.
- Equipment - We are working closely with top photographers and equipment manufacturers to bring you the best and most up to date advise on carrying your kit into the mountains.
- Navigation and Map Reading – Map Skills and how to interpret a map to plan for great shots and how to get around safely.
- Dealing with Incidents – How to stay safe
A day-long mountain walk under the guidance of an experienced Mountain Leader. You will put into practice the skills you learned from Day 1. Plenty of opportunities to ask questions and share tips and techniques with other like-minded photographers.
No previous mountain-walking experience is required. The walks will include several steep ascents/descents so a reasonable level of fitness is required.
What do I need to bring?
- Suitable clothing for a day on the mountain (a suggested kit list will be sent with your booking confirmation).
- A map and compass (available to hire or purchase from us on the day).
- Your usual camera equipment.
Please note that this is not a photography technique course but there will be plenty of opportunities to take photographs and discuss technique with other delegates.
Use the links below to check our prices then contact us and we'll do our best to run this event just for you on a date that suits (subject to a minimum group size of course!)